Thursday, January 8, 2009

Something Cool


So, for the past few days, I've seen a heard of deer grazing about a block from my office. I don't know why, but it just made me happy to live so close to such beautiful creatures. I guess my love of wildlife stems from the Sunday mountain drives we used to take when I was a kid. I can't remember how many times we'd up the canyon looking for moose.
Anyway, There were about 8 or 10 deer just hanging out near a small group of trees, just a few feet from the road. These pictures are kinda poor because I took them by the fence. I just had to post them because they made me happy.

4 comments:

pamlanta said...

Alex actually spotted some deer the other day while we were getting on to I-15 at Bangater...I wonder if they are the same ones?

Heidi said...

Yeah, I used to love deer until they ate everything in my backyard. I'm glad you're enjoying yours!

MIchelle said...

I also used to love deer, until I was driving late one night on a way back road with a friend. Then it ran towards the car and ran parallel with us for about a full minute. I thought it was going to ram us. Not such a fan of deer close up anymore.

Lauren said...

I still love deer because I've never hit one and I don't have a garden. Plus, the kids love them!