Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Some people's children

Someone broke into my husband's car and tried to steal it.

I don't know what else to say. I'm sitting at home alone with Gavin tonight and I'm nervous at every little sound I hear. The possibility has always been there - I mean, we don't live in the safest neighborhood. I guess I just thought if I stopped obsessing about the possibility of theft, it would never happen. So far, we can't see that they took anything but there were footprints in the snow and the steering column is pretty messed up. I guess I should be happy that they didn't break into the house and harm anyone or steal anything we hold precious.

So coming back to the title of this post: why are some people's children possessed to do things like this? It bugs me that while we're busy living our little lives, someone else is driving slowly past my house, scoping out the goods. I understand the state of the economy right now - it's affecting everyone, including me. But you don't see me out there, breaking other people's things, stealing the fruits of their labors.

Anyway, I'll stop ranting...

5 comments:

JaMilLyN said...

well, at least it wasn't someone you know. while we were on vacation last year, my neighbor, who is a wife and mother of three, came into our house and stole a bunch of stuff to feed her meth addiction. and the sad part of it is that we will never know exactly what she took. anyway, i don't understand some people's kids either, mandi.

marci and josh said...

Sorry that this happened. When you started the post I thought it was going to be about Dax not sharing with Gavin j/k. Anyway I hope Garrett is able to fix the car and that the theives have decided to move on.I'm already paranoid so this just added to my paranoia.

Anonymous said...

That sucks - you didn't tell me that! I know when stuff like that happens you feel so personally violated!

Busted Shoelace said...

That's what prompted Chris and I to move to Eagle Mountain (from West Jordan). Someone broke into Chris's truck, too. Then we get a security system installed.

One day when Chris stopped at Home Depot for work, he came back and someone was in the back of his truck trying to steal some tools. Needless to say, Chris caught him before he took anything. Chris, threw him out of his truck bed.

I don't understand people like that either.

Lauren said...

Oh, I'm sorry. I can imagine how violated you must feel. I know I feel safer than I should just cuz I live in Utah.