Friday, February 12, 2010

One day at a time

Recently, I came across a blog that made me really sad. It was a mother's blog and I happened upon a recent post of her 8-week old baby that had contracted RSV along with a few other ailments and passed away at Primary Children's. First, let me clarify, I'm not a blog-stalker. She was a friend of a friend, which makes it a little better. Anyway, I spent a considerable amount of time reading her daily updates and when it came to the very end, I could really feel the change that was taking place in their family. It was a beautiful record, eloquent and sacred. It was amazing how the spirit came over me while I was reading her account. It made me want to grab my baby and never let him go.

Aside from the obvious thought that I would never be able to handle something like that without some serious medication, it really made me start to ponder my life.

As a parent, I think I have become a little crazy about worrying what could happen. There are so many people going through so many heartbreaking things with their children right now, and here I am, with my perfect little munchkin, taking advantage of the moments we have together. I feel so ungrateful for all my blessings. For my family who lives so close and are so willing to take care of us at any time. For my friends and neighbors who help keep me grounded and provide much-needed therapy. For my wonderful husband who I often forget is only human. But especially for a wonderful Father in Heaven who has blessed me with so much. If I let myself imagine how bad things could be for us, it just depresses me and I get all anxious and upset. I really need to do a better job of just being happy with how good things are for us. Just relax and take one day at a time...

No comments: