Monday, January 4, 2010

2 Years Already?!

Gavin turned 2 in December. What an event. I tell ya, having a kid with a December birthday sucks! Wish we could celebrate a half birthday or something. Needless to say, he got spoiled by both sides of the family. I guess it's easy to buy for a 2 year old who tells you every day how much he likes cars, trucks, trains, airplanes, buses, and anything else that can be hooked together and made to move. He even takes his foam blocks and turns them in a way so that the half circle connected with the triangle looks like a boat. He's such a creative boy.



Here are some pics from the Carroll family party. I'm still figuring out how to use Garrett's nice camera, so the pictures are pretty dark.

My awesome friend Alicia made his cake. I found instructions on a cool blog and sent them to her. It was devils food cake with homemade frosting. She did an amazing job and it made me look like super mom. Thanks Alicia!


Gavin was too excited to eat dinner or cake the evening of his birthday, so the next morning, when he asked for cake, I let him eat it for breakfast. Reminded me of that Bill Cosby skit - Dad is great, give us some chocolate cake!


We had an Oler party the night before and combined the party with Tatum, who was turning 6 on Dec 23rd. She and Gavin are becoming good friends so it was fun to have their party together. Gavin loved learning the concept of getting presents. I think it helped prepare him for Christmas. By the end of December, he was a pro at opening gifts.

2 comments:

JaMilLyN said...

happy birthday, gavin! so glad you have a new post, mandi. i was beginning to worry. j/k but cute pictures! he's adorable!

MIchelle said...

I totally agree with you about the december birthdays being crappy. Ellie's is december 30, and Abby's is January 22. It is really hard to do parties in the winter. Luckily Lexi's is in September. Way cute cake! I always try to do it myself, and I suck at cake decorating.